Backend Web Developer
RigiTech is an exciting high-tech startup developing a fully-integrated, inter-city drone delivery solution. It enables universal access to goods for communities and businesses through efficient drone-based deliveries. Started in September 2018, we are a dynamic young team of entrepreneurs dedicated to creating technology for the service of humanity.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months (possibility to prolong)
- Occupation: Full-time, 100%
- Location: Spain, preferably Barcelona (remote work possible)
- Contract type: External Contractor
Position description and objectives
RigiTech’s aerial delivery systems are run by cutting-edge web-based control and management software. We are looking for a senior backend developer to support the development and expansion of our main product, RigiCloud, which centralises the live control, fleet management and flight planning aspects of our drone delivery solution. The candidate will be in charge of new backend services development, configuration of pipelines, deployments and migration of the current system to cloud-based platforms.
The ideal candidate should have experience in Node.js, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud, and should be comfortable with web applications and its technologies like HTML, CSS, MySQL, React.js, websockets. Although it’s not the primary task, the applicant should also have some React.js knowledge to be able to develop features in our frontend app.
Responsibilities and duties:
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
- Migrate the current infrastructure to Google Cloud (kubernetes)
- Create new backend services for the applications (video, communication, backend tasks, backups, etc..)
- Configure the CI/CD and build & deploy pipelines
- Develop and maintain automated testing infrastructure
- Propose and execute improvements to all the current cloud infrastructure (performance, monitoring, scalability, etc..)
Required qualifications and skills
Required qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s level degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or in similar areas
- 4+ years of Node development experience
- Proficiency in Express.js, Sails.js, and the Google Cloud platform
- Expert in CI/CD and build & deploy automation
- Experience in Docker engine, Docker swarm and Kubernetes
- Experience in React.js
- Experience in Python, ROS2, C++, robotics development is a plus
- Highly organised, independent, and detail-oriented,
- Happy to take initiative and come up with their own ideas,
- Flexible to ever-changing demands of the startup environment,
- Comfortable communicating in English,
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced environment.
Send us your CV and Motivation letter to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org